The Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM, or ADPA® program, is the only designation program of its kind that prepares financial professionals to address the unique planning needs specific to unmarried, coupled persons. You’ll gain an understanding of how planning differences for domestic partners compared to legally married couples manifest themselves in the individual domains of financial planning. Your skills, augmented with knowledge from this up-to-date program, will help you analyze and evaluate alternative planning techniques pertaining to wealth transfers, federal taxation laws, retirement laws and benefits, and planning for end-of-life needs.
This program is ideal for advisors looking to augment their skills and knowledge to effectively counsel clients in domestic partnerships and help compensate for the adverse effects of financial laws or benefits that are either unavailable or provide less protection to them. It is also beneficial for accountants and attorneys who provide tax and legal services for persons in domestic partnerships.
Begin your program at any time and complete your ADPA® designation program.
Students have access to OnDemand classes which provide the flexibility to complete a professional designation program at their own pace based on their busy schedule. Your online learning platform will guide you through all your course-related activities, from reading assignments, recorded video lectures and module quizzes to your final exam.
Plus, completion of professional designations programs can also help you fulfill continuing education (CE) requirements:
- If you are a CFP® professional, successful completion of the College’s professional designation programs can qualify for CE hours for CFP® certification renewal as follows:
- ADPA® program: 28 hours (live online program); 22.5 hours (ondemand program)
- SE-AWMASM program: 28 hours (live online program); 24 hours (ondemand program)
- All other designation programs (except the FPQP®, WMSSM and LUTCF® programs): 28 hours (either live online or ondemand program)
- If you currently hold a professional designation from the College, completion of a new professional designation fulfills CE hours as part of the renewal of your current designation.
ADPA® Professional Designation Program
Choose between Live Online classes or OnDemand classes and complete your ADPA® designation.
Students have 120 days from the date they are provided online access to complete the designation program (including testing and passing the Final Exam).
- Students who enroll in Live Online classes will receive online access 20 days prior to the first class date.
- Students who enroll in OnDemand classes will receive online access immediately after they enroll.