A 3.3 year program that focuses on building a solid foundation in mathematics, chemistry, biology and physics.
The AUHS Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences is a three year interdisciplinary program that focuses from the outset on the foundation of coursework in mathematics and the basic sciences (chemistry, biology and physics).
The program then progresses to advanced coursework in the pharmaceutical sciences, including aspects of drug design and synthesis, mechanisms of drug action, pharmacology and toxicology, dosage formulation, manufacturing, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance.
The curriculum also includes elective credits for individual preparation and educational focus.
The Objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences program are:
- To provide a well-rounded undergraduate education with an emphasis on the pharmaceutical sciences.
- To integrate knowledge with hands-on experience to enhance career path development in pharmaceutical sciences
- To provide educational solutions to health issues centered around professional pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences
- To attract and prepare students, especially minority students, to enter and successfully graduate from the School of Pharmacy.
- To attract and prepare students, especially minority students, for a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- To prepare underrepresented students as future lifelong learners and future leaders in the healthcare and researcher, as well as serve as future policy advocates in regulatory affairs.
Why Choose the BSPS at AUHS?
The purpose of the BS in health sciences program is to provide graduates with the relevant knowledge base, skills, attitudes, ethics and values to succeed in basic and applied health-related careers. Some of the unique features of AUHS BSPS program are:
- Fast paced education and high quality learning (3 year program)
- Various course topics to broaden options for our graduates
- Opportunities for community outreach and international mission trips
What Can I Do With a BS Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences?
The BSPS program at AUHS presents various career path opportunities that include entry-level technical positions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry; graduate education in pharmaceutical, clinical research, and basic sciences; and post-baccalaureate professional education in pharmacy.
- Apply to AUHS Master of Science in Clinical Research
- Careers in research and development
- Careers in clinical trial operations
- Regulatory or pharmaceutical sales and marketing