The Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM , or CRPC® program, is a designation program for financial professionals. This program enables experienced advisors, who are focused on retirement planning for individuals, define a “road map to retirement.” There is a focus on clients’ pre- and post-retirement needs, as well as issues related to asset management and estate planning.
Our program now includes a course topic titled ‘Understanding Social Security, Military and Government Retirement Benefits’ that helps students gain specialized knowledge to address the retirement planning needs for government and military employees.
Choose your learning modality and complete your CRPC® designation program.
- Live Online Classes
Our Live Online classes are best for individuals who prefer a structured schedule of instructor-led classes to stay on track with completing the program and the advantages of active learning features only possible in a live learning community. Features such as the following help you participate in the learning process, enabling you to apply new skills more quickly into your client interactions:
- Interactive infographics
- Activities using whiteboards
- In-class polls as part of knowledge checks
- Additional handouts to reinforce learning
- Real-time access to instructors to ask questions or get clarifications on challenging concepts
Because this option is structured-pace, classes begin at certain times of the year.
- OnDemand Classes
Our OnDemand classes are best for individuals who need the flexibility to complete a professional designation program at their own pace based on their busy schedule. Your online learning platform will guide you through all your course-related activities, from reading assignments, recorded video lectures and module quizzes to your final exam.
Because this option is self-paced, you can begin the program at any time.
The CRPC® designation streamlines the cost and time toward your next credential.
As you advance your career, the College recognizes the time and investment it takes to earn industry-recognized credentials. Upon completion of the CRPC®, graduates earn direct credit for:
- Course FP515 in the College’s CFP® certification education program or
- One elective course in the College’s Master of Science Degree in Personal Financial Planning.
Plus, completion of professional designations programs can also help you fulfill continuing education (CE) requirements:
- If you are a CFP® professional, successful completion of the College’s professional designation programs can qualify for CE hours for CFP® certification renewal as follows:
- ADPA® program: 28 hours (live online program); 22.5 hours (ondemand program)
- SE-AWMASM program: 28 hours (live online program); 24 hours (ondemand program)
- All other designation programs (except the FPQP®, WMSSM and LUTCF® programs): 28 hours (either live online or ondemand program)
- If you currently hold a professional designation from the College, completion of a new professional designation fulfills CE hours as part of the renewal of your current designation.
CRPC® Professional Designation Program
Choose between Live Online classes or OnDemand classes and complete your CRPC® designation.
Students have 120 days from the date they are provided online access to complete the designation program (including testing and passing the Final Exam).
- Students who enroll in Live Online classes will receive online access 20 days prior to the first class date.
- Students who enroll in OnDemand classes will receive online access immediately after they enroll.