6. Academy of Information Technology (AIT) – Melbourne
Operating since 1999, AIT has educated thousands of students from all over the world who have gone on to build successful careers in the IT and digital industries. AIT’s courses are delivered using the latest industry tools and supported by specialist educators that are passionate about the industry. AIT is committed to ensuring students develop the right knowledge, skills and attitudes to complete their courses and confidently enter the workforce. The academic team are specialists in their course disciplines and have a deep level of engagement within the broader digital industry.
AIT proudly opened its thriving Melbourne Campus in 2015. Located in the heart of the city, AIT Melbourne offers a small, personalised learning environment with access to industry standard equipment and first class teaching facilities. The warm community atmosphere and student-centered approach to learning and instruction means that students will feel right at home at AIT.
Why Academy of Information Technology (AIT) – Melbourne
- Campus Life: AIT aims to connect students with industry to help them land the job of their dreams when they graduate. AIT regularly hosts presentations and industry events. Previous events have included presentations from concept art teams such as Creative Art Director, Damien Drew (Alien: Covenant), Colin Gibson (Mad Max), Deborah Riley (Game of Thrones), Lewis Morley (The Matrix, Star Wars) and Disney Animator Jose Velaya (The Lion Gard, The Simpsons).
- Facilities: AIT Melbourne is a purpose-built space that is conducive to creativity and learning with industry-standard facilities, like MAC labs, PC labs, a Green Screen room and dedicated student spaces.
- Hands-On Learning: AIT has a hands-on, progressive approach to learning with a strong emphasis on practical application to complement theory. There is dedicated time for students to work on their portfolio, which they can then present to prospective employers, and a dedicated industry liaison who connects students to internships and mentorships, whilst raising student profiles across prospective employers.
- Portfolio Development: There are regular opportunities for students to network with industry, get their work recognised and gain feedback from industry practitioners in The Forge and Advanced Studio. First-class events including Master Talks with high-profile artists and annual awards evenings give industry recognition to students and their work.