University of California, Davis
The University of California, Davis (UC Davis, UCD, or Davis) is a public land-grant research university near Davis, California. Named a Public Ivy, it is the northernmost of the ten campuses of the University of California system. The institution was first founded as an agricultural branch of the system in 1905 and became the seventh campus of the University of California in 1959.
- UC Davis is considered to be a “Public Ivy.” In its 2022 edition, U.S. News & World Report ranked UC Davis tied for the 10th-best public university in the United States, tied for 38th nationally and tied for 67th globally. Washington Monthly ranked UC Davis 13th in its 2020 National University ranking, based on its contribution to the public good as measured by social mobility, research, and promoting public service. Money magazine ranked UC Davis 10th in the country out of 739 schools evaluated for its 2020 “Best Colleges for Your Money” edition and 4th in its list of the 50 best public schools in the U.S. Forbes in 2019 ranked UC Davis 38th overall out of 650 colleges and universities in the U.S., 49th among research universities, 22nd among public university, and 11th for “Best Value”.
- For 2018 Kiplinger ranked Davis 47th out of the top 100 best-value public colleges and universities in the U.S. The university has several distinguished graduate programs ranked in the top 10 in their fields by the United States National Research Council; most notable are its programs in agricultural economics, entomology, evolutionary biology, plant biology, and ecology. Additionally, the NRC placed more than a third of UC Davis graduate programs in the top 25% of their respective fields.
- In 2016, U.S. News & World Report rated UC Davis 2nd globally in Agricultural Sciences, 1st in Plant and Animal Science, 4th in Environment/Ecology, and 1st nationally in Veterinary Medicine, 3rd in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, 7th (tie) in Biological and Agricultural Engineering, 9th in U.S. Colonial History, 15th in Comparative Politics, 19th in Biological Sciences, 20th in Earth Sciences and 21st in Psychology.
- The Economics department of UC Davis was also ranked 6th among public universities and 20th nationally according to the RePec (Research Papers in Economics) Rankings in 2011. In 2013, The Economist placed UC Davis Graduate School of Management in the top 8% accredited MBA programs in the United States (ranked 37th nationally and 65th globally). The Academic Ranking of World Universities placed UC Davis 40th nationally and 90th globally for 2019.
- In its 2019 rankings, Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranked it tied for 59th in the world. The QS World University Rankings ranked it tied for 104th globally for its 2020 ratings, with Veterinary Science ranked 2nd in the world.
- In 2016, Sierra Magazine ranked UC Davis 8th in its “Greenest Schools” in America list for campus sustainability and climate change efforts.
UC Davis Graduate School of Management online courses
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management online portfolio is designed to help you become a leader that has a positive impact on the world. Each course ensures that in-demand interpersonal and soft skills, such as leadership and negotiation, are delivered through a practical and highly interactive curriculum.
As well as a host of world-leading industry experts to learn from, the conveners who designed the courses on offer were handpicked by the school and are some of the most popular lecturers on campus. Convener of the leadership program, Kimberly Elsbach is an internationally recognized expert in organizational behavior and was named the first recipient of the prestigious Stephen G. Newberry Endowed Chair in Leadership at UC Davis. Jim Olson, who spearheads the Strategic Negotiations online short course, was voted the UC Davis Graduate School of Management Teacher of the Year in 2016. He is an accomplished motivational speaker and author, and has had a highly successful career both as a corporate consultant and business leader.
Why learn online with UC Davis Graduate School of Management
Through its partnership with Career Courses, a brand of 2U, Inc., UC Davis Graduate School of Management has committed to making learning more accessible to the global audience. This partnership combines UC Davis’s 100-plus years of educational excellence with GetSmarter’s human-centered online education platform. As a student, you have the opportunity to learn from the school’s top academics, with flexible, weekly modules that fit your schedule. There is also 24-hour support, expert feedback from the head tutor, and forums that give you the opportunity to engage and network with like-minded business professionals.